Chicago is a leading tradeshow place. And the top most reason is McCormick Place. It is the largest exhibition center in North America. It can comfortably accommodate 3 million attendees with its 2.6 million sq.ft exhibit hall and 170 meeting rooms. Let us look at some leading shows that happen in the city:
- IMTS: Companies from the manufacturing sector look forward to this largest tradeshow of its kind. It is also the world’s longest running show that takes up manufacturing innovations and challenges for discussion. Leading companies from this industry come together between 10th and 15th of September at Chicago’s McCormick Place. It brings more than 1,00,000 visitors and nearly 2000 exhibiting companies in one place.
- Pack Expo: Just like every other major tradeshow happening in Chicago, this one takes place at McCormick. Packaging and processing industry undergoes evolution and there is something new on offer every year. 28th to 31st October is usually blocked by 30000+packaging professionals for this important event. More than 40 markets bring in their packaging best. 5000+ professionals come from outside United States. The events logo is also undergone change in recent years. It has been made green to promote sustainable solutions.
- The home and houseware show: It is also organised in Chicago from 18th to 21st March every year. It is 4 shows packed in one big event. Each show represents a category of high end products. As they call it, the show is a beautiful intersection of engineering and technology. This is also held at McCormick and brings together as many as 62000 professionals from houseware industry. 21000+ exhibitors come down to show the significant innovations in the sector.
- NRA Show: It is organised by the National Restaurant Association usually in the third week of May. It is all about meeting new people, tasting new food mixes and evaluating the new innovations. It is an important event because nearly 45000 food service buyers take important decisions right here. It takes place at McCormick Place and is an event no food professional must miss.
- NeoCon World Trade Fair: Nearly 40000 decision-makers and 700 exhibitors come under one roof to discuss the industry way forward. The crowd largely comprises of designers, purchase officiers, dealers and even architects who want to see the latest in textiles, furniture, lighting and interiors. Usually held in 2nd week of June at the Mart, Chicago, this event is a must-attend.
- RSNA Show: It is aptly known as the most significant event in medical imaging. It is also the world’s first such show. Each year radiology professionals come to network and sign off important innovations in the industry. It takes place in last week of November at McCormick Place and the medical community looks forward to it. There are important research papers also up for discussion. Nearly 650 exhibitors and 1700+ paper presentations are the key highlights of the show.
- Fabtech: An event for metal forming, finishing, fabricating and welding industry this tradeshow ranks amongst the top 50 U.S shows. Whether it is new equipment or leading machinery, buyers and sellers look forward to the show. It happens each year around the third week of November for 4 days and has a lot to offer. There are seminars, workshops and exhibits to keep the visitors busy throughout the show duration.
- HIMSS: HIMSS calls over 38,000 IT professionals as well as healthcare executives under one roof. This largest healthcare tech event brings together 1200+ exhibitors who are leading vendors in the space. There are keynote speeches, live demos and lots of educational literature for visitors. It takes place sometime in April and is worth keeping a tab of.
It is quite evident now why Chicago is a leading tradeshow place. The very important industry shows take place in this beautiful city that has a lot to offer to its visitors. Business apart, there are many entertainment choices too. Whilst you enjoy your stay here, if you feel lost seek help from the right partners. As far as tradeshow preparations go, Exponents can handle every responsibility from end to end. Give us a call for a quick consultation on your exhibit choices.