The dream vacation of most people is a trip to the famed Disneyland based at Anaheim in Orange County, South California. This amazing theme park is now renamed Disneyland park. This park was originally designed by Walt Disney himself, and has been the star attraction in Anaheim. Disneyland draws not only kids but also starry eyed adults from across the world. You can never get bored at Anaheim!
The Other Wonders At Anaheim
Disneyland no doubt overshadows the other attractions available for the tourists’ entertainment. The hundreds of theme based rides, restaurants and hotels are spectacular. The average tourist is spell bound and it is difficult to tear him away from this extravaganza. But the other tourist attractions are also not to be missed.
- The Disneyland Resort: It has a multitude of Disney themed rides and amusements to keep the vacationing crowd occupied. Besides, there are many restaurants, shops and hotels that are world class.
- Sports Center: The city is also the home of world class sporting activities. The Honda Center is an indoor arena where the Anaheim Ducks hockey team plays. Similarly, the Angel stadium is home to the Los Angeles Angels baseball team. The American Sport Center is the home ground of the USA men’s national volleyball team. The sports activities in this city make it one of the most visited. Anaheim is also the proud owner of an international class Golf course. The Anaheim Hills golf course is a beautiful destination. The gently rolling hills are a hit with the nature loving tourists. The other Golf courses of repute nestled in the verdant natural ambience of Anaheim are the Anaheim Hills Golf Course and the Dad Miller Golf Course.
- Anaheim Ice or Disney Ice: It is the indoor ice rink complex that ranks amongst the major tourist attractions in the city. It was designed by the famous architect Frank Gehry. It also happens to be the practise and training arena of the Anaheim Ducks. The events of repute are the figure skating and public skating events. The University of California hosts international events at this venue.
- The Carnegie Library: It was established in 1908. The classical Revival style is the style that was used by the architect John. C. Austin. The Anaheim Carnegie Library has been prominently listed in 1979 in the National Register Of Historic Places. It is also called the Muzeo. It is a museum housing local culture art and history.
- Anaheim GardenWalk: It is another must see tourist spot. It is an outdoor shopping and entertainment centre near the Disneyland resort. The center houses a bowling alley, a futuristic 14-screen multiplex as well as a number of shops and eateries.cities in this part of the country.
- The Flightdeck Flight Simulation Center: It is another attraction that brings in a large number of tourists, as it is quite a unique concept.
- Green rolling hills: It housed the Oak Canyon Nature Center which is a one of its kind. It is a 58 acre piece in the lap of the Anaheim Hills. The park is beautified with a stream that runs through it. It is well known for its trekking trails that traverse the three canyons that criss cross it. It has a rare flora of the local coastal sage scrub and oak woodlands. The abundant wildlife is another major attraction. The John.J.Collier Interpretive Center is the museum situated in the park that highlights the regional history, animal and flora exhibits. The treks are suited both for the novice trekkers and the more seasoned ones who are looking for adventure.
- The Anaheim Star Walk: It is yet another beautiful jewel in the crown of the beautiful city.
The average tourist may visit Anaheim to enjoy the delights of Disneyland, but there is more to the city. The sights and sounds of Anaheim will mesmerize you and leave you feeling unhappy when you pack your bags for home!
If you are going to be here for an exhibition and need help setting up a great presentation, you can partner with Exponents. We can do up a clutter-breaking design and can manage the show end-to-end. Call us for a quick consultation!